Now hiring: Copywriter
Are you a wizard with words? A master of metaphor? If so, you might be just who we’re looking for...
December 21, 2020
We’re in the market for a middle-weight copywriter to join our creative content team at Sunshine Communications. Our winning wordsmith will report into the Senior Copywriter, working alongside our talented team of designers, content producers and account handlers to give our clients a voice and make them stand out.
What we're looking for
As a social-forward agency, we’re looking for a copywriter who knows their way around the social sphere, from writing channel-specific copy to choosing the right hashtags to get our clients noticed. As well as experience writing commercial copy, you should have a keen interest in social media and content strategy.
More specifically, we need someone with…
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working as a commercial copywriter.
- Experience in Microsoft office (familiarity with CMS and Mailchimp is a bonus).
- An understanding of functional copy and the ability to write creatively with KPIs in mind.
- An ability to work towards deadlines in a flexible manner, effectively managing a varied workload within agreed timescales.
- The confidence to pitch ideas and collaborate with the wider team to create good work while having fun.
- Strong presentation skills, thinking about how to pitch ideas, both verbally and in writing.
- A real attention to detail and ability to be objectively critical – be responsible for the quality of your own work and continued professional development.
- Great admin and organisation. No, really!
Degree, no degree – we don’t mind! We value a can-do attitude and a lust for learning more than anything.
- Salary depending on experience ✨
- 32 days holiday allocation 😎
- Your birthday off, plus some extra days at Christmas 🎉
- Company pension ❤️
- Training and development budget ✏️
- 2 x volunteering days a year 🤝
- Parties, fun days out and social gatherings (pandemic-permitting) 🥂
- A dog friendly office! 🐶
- Flexible working hours ⏰
- Work abroad opportunities ✈️
- Work from home 3 days a week if you want to 🏠
It’ll come as no surprise that our working days look a little different than they used to. We've changed the way we work entirely due to the coronavirus pandemic, so at the moment, we are fully remote, going into the office only for essential client work, like photoshoots.
When things start to return to normal, our new structure will be a blended approach of 2 days in the office and 3 days wherever you want - whether that's at home, in a cafe, or on the beach!
What’s next? Wow us with your CV/cover letter and a portfolio or examples of your work, if you have one. And if you have any social profiles you’d love to share, we’d love to see them. There is no strict deadline: we wait for the best!
Ping us an email to Emma at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you and best of luck!